Hello and welcome to top five Wednesday! I haven’t joined in on this for a really long time, but this month we get to choose our own topics from past top five Wednesday’s so I choose ‘favorite first lines’ This was super hard to come up with because usually first lines are what hook us in and I just… found it impossible to pick? Nevertheless, I managed to find five that I really loved.
- ‘On the second sabaat of twelfth moon, in the city of Weep, a girl fell from the sky.’ This is from Strange the Dreamer by Lani Taylor which is one of my favorite books I have ever read. Like… ever.
- ‘Once there was a little girl who played her music for a little boy in the wood.’ This is from Wintersong by S.Jae Jones. This whole opening chapter is incredible and beautiful and to be honest I would list the entire thing on here.
- ‘Kell wore a very peculiar coat.’ This is from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab. This made me tear up a little thinking about it because the whole trilogy is amazing and just… seriously one of the best trilogies ever and everything V.E Schwab writes is golden.
- ‘They’re coming.‘ This is from Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young. I actually have yet to read this, but like, just reading that line leaves me with so many questions. Like what? Who is coming? I need to know!
- ‘It’s the colors, then the humans. That’s usually how I see things. or at least, how I try.’ This is by The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzak which is one of the most heartwrenching books I have yet to read. This book is actually narrated by death which just makes it so much cooler.
SOOO yeah. Those are my top first lines! There are obviously tons that I wanted to list but ya know? Hard to choose! Let me know in the comments what your favorite first line is!