Hello and welcome to another top ten Tuesday! This weeks topic is books I’d slay a Lion for, but I changed it to books I’d slay a dragon for because to me it just rhymes better? I don’t know, I just like the way ‘Books I’d slay a dragon for’ sounds. This list was super hard to put together because ah, there are so many books I just need right this second.
I am only listing 2018 releases, because I didn’t even think about listing 2019 releases and I’ve already compiled my list so yeah, here are the books I just need right this second.
- The first on this list and possibly my most anticipated is War Storm by Victoria Aveyard. Yes I know this is out in like 15 days, but I have been waiting for so long and I need to know what happens. All I can say is if my favorite dies, I will be bitter.
- The second most anticipated book is A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir. This is the third book in the Ember Quartet and I have waited two years for this book. Two years. That’s a long time, but it is going to be worth it.
- Sometime after Midnight by L. Philips. This is marketed as #AlexFromTarget meets queer Prince Charming. That is all I needed to know to have it on this list. It comes out in June, but I just.. I want it like now
- Contagion by Erin Bowman. I have been on such a sci-fi kick lately and this book sounds just like something that I have been really into lately. The synopsis is super hard to explain, but just look it up on Goodreads and see how amazing it sounds.
- Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton. This is about a girl named Mia who has spent her life hunting creatures who can manipulate bones, breath, blood and flesh. She is suddenly forced into a marriage in which after something goes wrong, she discovers she has the magic she has sworn to destroy. I just… this sounds SO amazing and I can’t wait to get to this.
- Vengeful by V.E Schwab. I still can’t believe we are getting a sequel to Vicious (which is one of my favorite books of all time and has one of my favorite anti-heroes of all time) I am just counting down the days until I can once again be reunited to Victor.
- The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli. This is a companion novel to The Last Namsara which I read earlier this year and was super surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I’m not going to give spoilers because you do need to read the first book before this one, but this follows a character I am intrigued to learn more about.
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. Strange the Dreamer is one of my favorite books of all time and I can’t wait to get to this. This is the follow up to Strange the Dreamer and I have too many questions I need answered.
- What if it’s Use by Becky Albertali and Adam Silvera. I can’t tell you how badly I need this book. I love both of these authors writing and their books made me cry like, a lot, so I’m intrigued to see how this one is going to go.
- And last is Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Mass. I can’t believe it is over (hopefully) and gosh I am not ready. But I also just need this ASAP to make sure Dorian makes it. And Chaol.
So those are the ten books I’d slay a dragon for. Let me know down below some books that you are highly anticipating!